Sedentary lifestyle and stressful mental conditions in the present scenario have invited many distressing diseases like—diabetes. Diabetes is one of the non-communicable diseases and rapidly emerging as a major health care problem. The prevalence of type 2 diabetes has increased greatly from 4% to 13% over the past decade and it is found difficult to treat effectively in the long term. Treatment and care of diabetes represents a substantial portion of the national health care expenditure of the country as well as person.
Type 2 diabetes represents a syndrome with disordered metabolism of carbohydrate and fat. The most share here prominent clinical feature is hyperglycemia (fasting plasma glucose level >126 mg/dl, or glycosylated haemoglobin A1c >6.9%).It is very important to know that the disease which is diagnosed now as Diabetes Mellitus is not originated suddenly. Its patho-physiology takes long term of as high as 3-5 years. It rarely manifests in 1-6 months duration in exception cases like—pregnancy, injury, psychological conditions, etc.
Diabetes according to Ayurveda
* Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine prevailing since ancient times. Diabetes mellitus is referred to as “Madhumeha” in Ayurveda which literally means excessive urine with taste like honey. Amongst the 20 types of Premaha described in Ayurveda, Madhumeha caused by the vitiation of Vata and Kapha doshas has many clinical similarities to the modern day Diabetes mellitus.
* It comprises of a number of diseases with various physical and chemical changes in urine. 73% of the diabetic patients prefer effective Ayurvedic medicines for their treatment either as food supplements or as drug. Secondary failure of metformin and other hypoglycemic agents are more than 20%. Ayurvedic physicians have presented with an extensive range of single herb and formulations for type 2 diabetes.
* In Ayurveda, for the treatment of diabetes, selection of drugs/ formulation is based on the clinical parameters like—Agni (digestive fire), Ahara shakti (digestive fire), Vyayama shakti (physical strength) and biochemical assessment of the patient and safety considerations.Pathogenesis of diabetes
* When the “Meda” (fat), “Mamsa” (flesh), “Shareera kleda” (fluids of the body) and Kapha on entering the “Basti” (urinary apparatus), it causes Premaha (Diabetes).According to Acharaya Vagbhat
* The imbalanced doshas (especially Kapha and Pitta in association of Vata) block the channels related to adipose tissue/ fat tissue and muscle. Due to obstruction of Vata, it transforms sweet ojas into astringent mixed sweet taste like honey. Thus, it discharges in the urine and the condition Madhumeha is resulted.High risk group are those who:
* Above 45 years of age
* Do not exercise
* Have high blood pressure
* High alcohol intake
* Have had gestational diabetes
* High fat and carbohydrate diet
* Have low HDL or high triglycerides
* Women having Polycystic ovarian disease (PCOD).Cause of Type 2 Diabetes as per Ayurveda
* Comfortable seating (luxury/sedentary lifestyle/ lack of physical activities and exercise).
* All foods and lifestyle activities which increases Kapha dosha in the body.
* Consumption of carbohydrate rich food
* Heavy food
* Improper diet
* Excessive sleepProdromal symptoms of type 2 Diabetes
* Excess sweating
* Lack of stability in the body
* Feeling comfort in inactivity
* Excess body odour
* Feeling as if heart is heavy
* Coated palate
* Vision problems
* Coated teeth/caries
* Heaviness in the body
* Dryness of the throat and palate
* Burning sensation in feet and palm
* White colouration of the urine
* Sweetness of urine
* Numbness in hands and feet
* Feeling as if ants are crawling on body
* Pallor of the body
* Urine similar to honey-sweetish astringentDepending on the physical constitution or body type or the health status of an individual, ayurvedic piano tiles 2 hack cydia classics advocate two different types of therapy schedules for diabetics. They are—
* De-nourishment treatment—useful in obese diabetic patients, usually in Kapha body type patients.
* Nourishing treatment—useful in diabetic lean patients, usually in Vata or Pitta body type patients. Anti-Diabetic Herbs-
* Jambul (Eugenia jambolana)—Jambul fruit is regarded as a specific medicine in traditional Ayurvedic medicine because of its specific action on pancreas. For internal usage, dry the seeds and make powder. Take 1tsp. daily, twice with water or buttermilk.
* Bitter Gourd (Momordica charantia)—The fruit and seeds of bitter gourd plant contain the most active blood sugar lowering components. For better therapeutic benefits, extract juice from 4-5 bitter gourd fruits and empty stomach every morning. Its seeds powder can be taken either directly or in the form of decoction.
* Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum graecum)– Its medicinal qualities have been described in ancient literature. It has been reported that decoction of fenugreek seeds supressed the urinary excretion of sugar and relieved symptoms of diabetes. It contains an alkaloid—trigonelline which is known to reduce blood sugar levels.
* Turmeric (Curcuma longa)—Ayurveda recommends turmeric as an exclusive remedy for diabetes. It is more effective if taken with an equal amount of amla powder. Highly Effective Natural Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes
* Planet Ayurveda offers an effective treatment for type 2 diabetes. There are certain herbs which are quite effective in controlling diabetes but Planet Ayurveda has come up with a special combination in the form of “Dia-Beta Plus” which really works. The herbs contain in Dia-Beta Plus work in a synergistic manner to bring the sugar level in control, especially when the sugar is not hungry shark world cheats tool controlled by any other medicines or supplements.
* The formulation Dia-beta plus helps to restore the normal levels and also helps to regain the strength of the body. This herbal blend of Planet Ayurveda for diabetes is going to work slowly as it is not going to lower down sugar level immediately or cause hypoglycaemia. The effects are slow but sustained and can be monitored.Ingredients of Diabeta Plus—
* Gurmaar (Gymnema sylvestrae)
* Karela (Momordica charantia)
* Saptrangi (Salacia oblonga)
* Vizaysaar (Pterocarpus marsupium)
* Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
* Tulsi (Ocimum sanctumDosage:
* For Non-Insulin Dependent: 2 capsules twice daily, half an hour before meals, with water.
* For Insulin Dependent: 2 capsules thrice daily, half an hour before meals, with water.Type 2 diabetes is a burning problem in the whole universe. As there is an involvement of both body and mind, it is very essential to undertake the measures which can bring under control our food and habits as well as undue stress.
For better results, it has entire DIABETES CARE PACK with 4 herbal products namely –
* Fenugreek Capsules: 2 btls – 2 Capsules, twice daily after meals.
* Karela Capsules: 2 btls – 2 Capsules, twice daily after meals.
* Diabeta Plus Capsules: 2 btls – 2 Capsules twice daily before meals.
* Madhumehantak Churna: 1 pack – 1 tea spoon full twice daily with plain water, after meals.